Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a nice gift



Originally uploaded by kay v.
when my mom came back from a missions trip to the philippines, her "pasalubong" (souvenir) for me was an unprocessed roll of film. it was from my grand-uncle, whom i have never met before, but supposedly also loves to take pictures. he sent it back with her to give to me - there were images in there he wanted me to see.

this is the second time this month that i've received photos from a stranger. right now, i can't ask for anything more fulfilling. its such a great sentiment and i hope to collect more from distant, near, familiar or strange people and places.

in this series are landscapes and street scenes of guiuan: an island in the eastern part of visayas. this is where my mom was born. i have never been there but these simple yet captivating images are really drawing me in.

2 comments: