Wednesday, June 30, 2010

call me sentimental

cuz its true.


i wrote this 4 years ago. (and bella, you may remember it)

this is how we roll with coronas in corollas
like ballas we chill in corner -
stores like high rollas with red fingertips from munchin 
cheetos and coca colas after we get paint jobs by the sistas from other mothas...
we roll to homey places on sweet occasions, raise our right hands to the vibrations 
of the undaground sensations...for what?
just to get by, just to get by, just to get by
this is how we roll with classic nat shermans 
like rastas in the pacific islands with windows down for the sounds of the windy city towns 
reppin the femininity in this battleground 
before we turn homeward bound. 

------------------------

26 and the joy rides are finally over.  while peeling off old bumper stickers, my eyes watered. it dawned on me how much this car has been there for me. it has become my equal - 10 years worth of wears and tears are symbolic of my own experiences through the years.  she has survived it all even after being hit 3 times, each time by an suv (god, what a metaphor. she's tough, i tell ya.) yes call me sentimental, but this car was my place of refuge; if only these car doors could talk. i don't know why they say parting is such sweet sorrow..it really isn't sweet at all. i had to finally let her (and everything else she stood for) go.

here's to lisa rolla and to new adventures, new joy rides, new thrills.





4 comments:

  1. omg i do remember that day so vividly now specially after reading what you wrote. i also remember that from xanga ;) heheh aww so many memories rollin with lisa. that lisa, she can hang. remember when we took lisa to indianapolis to see.. well, lisa?! soo many memories. oh i have the perfect to thing to show you! wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for a while who Lisa might be and I think I cracked it, lmao stay!! Nice excerpt from past times. I can't believe I deleted my Xanga and one year's worth of Journaling if a fit or paranoia - wow that was so five years ago.

    How much I wish that I have my galant right now. I am thinking of selling or shipping it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete